hang'n in the trees like monkeys...

So at the last minute early this week I organised a girls trip to Trees Adventure in Belgrave. Me the silly looked at pics on the web thinking AWESOME, looks scarey but yep sure, I can do it! Ive done things before that have scared me but Ive pushed myself and done it! Boy was I wrong!! I realized with age my small fear of heights has exacerbated in a larger phobia!!

Walking up to the tree course the scenery was absolutely breathtaking! SubhanAllah! In a forest of green, majestic trees with timber platforms built around them like an adults tree house! We geared up, and yep I  just cant take myself seriously, so there we were giggling away at the hard hats over hijab, fingerless gloves and crotch grabbing gear! Its so hard to be modest with this stuff on! I had a knee length top that ended up being waist length because of the harness, but Alhamdulillah I kept my jacket as that at least had my behind covered! They trained us on the use of the harness and clips and we were off, my friend and I thought we would start on the easiest adult level whilst my sister, niece and other girls went for the middle. I thought MEH this is a breeze, but once I climbed up into that tree and the first obstacle was a flying fox, and looking down on the ground, my knees a started to wobble and I felt a tad light headed!!!! I was sooooo dissapointed in myself! we both climbed down and I ended up doing the kids course, LAUGH NOT but honestly even that was scarey. I did it and Im proud of myself considering I have a phobia!!

The others completed their level and then my monkey of a sister and niece went and completed the black level which is the highest one!! Bravo to them, boo hoo to me, I really do wish I had tried the first adult level again after the kids one but maybe another time! I did realise however, that as we get older our fears often  become a lot more magnified. I remember in high school camp we used a huge flying fox, and although scared I did it and LOVED it! Now I'm a lot more reserved in what I do, consequences always in the forefront.  This did however give me a thirst for more outdoors adventures, paint ball and go-kart racing are definites on my list!!

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...what a crack up!!!! You make me laugh!!! It was a cracker of a day though and yes definately made me thirsty for some more fun!!!Made me realise that sometimes you think about the kids toomuch and forget yourself!!! Thanks for organising this and chop chop with the next adventure!!! Btw the best pic is number 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks amazing!! well done ladies. i wish we all got out and did more exciting and adventurous stuff! i know what you mean about getting older and more cautious; we do that all the time and it annoys the hell out of me (but i still do it). we go through the whole activity mentally, worst case scenarios of course, and then decide that it's better not to. BORING!
    so another well done to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks awesome! wish i came now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXACTLY Coco, what Ive been saying to you for a while now! And nooooooooooo next adventure someone else needs to organise!
    Al it really was fun and you know precisely what Im saying!
    H.R you should have, would have had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks awesome!!! Must check it out one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks awesome!!! Must check it out one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww i know how you feel, I'm learning how to drive stick shift right now and it's terrifying to me. Back in the day I was fearless!

    Looks like you girls had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feda!!! we call that driving a manual, and I really want to learn how to drive that! looks fun plus all the sporty cars are manual;) And what do u mean back in the day! u look like your still a spring chicken!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo thats looks like so much fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to do something like this, but I'm so afraid of heights I know i'd run away as soon as I see how high the course is. Looks like you girls had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was MSG!
    Amina come on down to Melbourne so you and I can do the kids course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pix Ebs... i am proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Melb, but heard so many good things about it. Sounds so much better than Brisbane... I'm dying from the heat here!

    I'm sure even on the kids course I'll have a Sheldon Cooper moment and pass out :p

    ReplyDelete